GRAND OPENING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM GRANT
The West Palm Beach Downtown Development Authority (DDA) offers assistance to new businesses for their “Grand Opening”. It is at the discretion of the individual business (with the advice of the DDA) as to what style and size of grand opening they wish to have. Retail stores, for instance, may offer light hors-d’oeuvres & wine to invited guests while they peruse the store, where a new restaurant may have a full band and open bar. Other businesses may wish to purchase advertising or mailings announcing their new Downtown location.
THE DDA OFFERS THE FOLLOWING:
- The DDA will reimburse up to $1,000.00 in matching funds, toward expenses that are directly related to the Grand Opening. To obtain the maximum amount you must incur expenses of $2,000.00 or more. ($1,000.00 maximum limit).
- The DDA can distribute an email invitation to area VIP's and/or general public (5K+ opt in subscribers).
- Inclusion in "The Downtown Update" Newsletter and/or social channels (DowntownWPB/DDA)
- Coordinate a Ribbon Cutting with key stakeholders.
- The Business must be located within the DDA Boundaries. Please click here for Boundary Map.
- The DDA & the Business will mutually agree on a date and time for the Grand Opening. The processing and approval of an application may take up to 2 weeks.
- NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED WITH LESS THAN 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO EVENT DATE.
- Business must receive written approval from the DDA.
- Application must be submitted with a W-9. Please click here for a blank W-9.
- Please provide to the DDA copies of your paid receipts for reimbursement. Please allow 30 days for processing.
- The DDA must be listed on the invitation. Please click here for approved DDA logo's.